Join us for Super8 singles at St Ann’s Tennis in January 2022.
Super8s is a singles competition for eight players played over one afternoon, using the best-of-three Fast4 scoring system.
The competition will use a compass tournament format: quarter-final, semi-final, final. Quarter-Final losers play other quarter-final losers, semi-Final losers play other semis-final losers, etc. So every player is guaranteed three best-of-three set matches. (see diagram below)
We will be playing the Fast4 format: best of three short sets. (scroll down for full rules)
- First to four games wins the set
- Tiebreaker at 3 games all
- Match tie-break at 1 set all
- No ad scoring.
- No lets on serve.
Saturday 1.30pm, January 15 2022 [rescheduled from 8 Jan]
Womens: Super8 Singles
Saturday, 2pm start, January 22 2022
NEW: Super 8 Singles II FULL
Saturday 1.30pm, January 29 2022
nb. If there is enough interest, we will schedule a Super8 Single final in February for the top four players from each group.
FAST4 TOURNAMENT SCORING FORMAT & RULES
- Matches will be played as the best of two (2) short sets (first to four (4) games) with a tie-break (first to seven (7) points, two points clear at six (6) points all) played at three (3) games all. If at the conclusion of the second set, the score is 1 set all, a match tie-break (first to ten (10) points, two points clear at nine (9) points all) will be played to determine the outcome of the match.
- All matches will be played using no-ad scoring, with the receiver choosing the side to receive the service from when the game reaches deuce.
- CHANGING ENDS: same as regular sets, so after 1st, 3rd, 5th game etc. In tie breaks, change ends after every 4 points.
Please be there on time. You’ll need to book a court in advance if you want a full warm up. We will gather for a quick chat (and maybe photo) before the tournament starts. Then it’s straight into the action.
Alternates: if you’d like to play, but the tournament is full, contact the tournament organiser to add your name to the waiting list. There will usually be a late drop-out/injury.
Bring drinks and snacks, and appropriate clothing.
St Ann’s Tennis will supply fresh match balls. Please make sure all four balls are left on court at the end of each match.