Have you thought of becoming a tennis coach? If you love and enjoy playing tennis, it’s a fun and rewarding way to get involved. St Ann’s Tennis encourages new coaches – we can usually find assistant coaching work to help players develop their skills and acquire the necessary qualifications.
An LTA level 1 Coaching Assistant course is the first step. Level 2 is more advanced, allowing you to run courses under the supervision of a Head Coach, and Level 3 allows you to run private lessons and courses.
See below details of forthcoming LTA coaching courses in Sussex. Scroll down for details of possible grants for young people.
LEVEL 1 COACHING ASSISTANT (VIRTUS LEISURE)
Virgin Active Brighton Health and Racquets Club, Sussex
Day 1 – 10th July
Day 2 – 11th July
Day 3 – 31st July
Cost – £275
LEVEL 2 COACHING ASSISTANT (VIRTUS LEISURE)
West Worthing Tennis and Squash Club, Sussex
Day 1 – 24th July
Day 2 – 25th July
Day 3 – 21st August
Day 4 – 22nd August
Day 5 – 26th September
Cost – £425
Active Sussex have also announced a grants scheme to support young coaches to access training that I thought may be of interest, details below:
CYP Workforce Investment Fund – Small Grants
• Grants are available for amounts between £250 and £500.
• The funding can be used towards obtaining qualifications or accessing training that can help encourage and support inactive CYP to be active.
• This can be for a coach, instructor, volunteer or participant.
• Funding should be used to develop and train recipients to address inactivity in the CYP Investment Fund priority CYP groups.
• In line with a ‘person like me’ approach to workforce development, Active Sussex are particularly interested in providing grants to young coaches/CYP from target audiences.
• Must complete the Expression of Interest Form to apply.